Intern with sportanddev.
The International Platform on Sport and Development –www.sportanddev.org – is seeking a native English speaker to assist the Operating Team in updating the Platform.
The International Platform on Sport and Development, or ‘sportanddev’, is run by the Operating Team based at the Swiss Academy for Development in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland.
The Swiss Academy for Development (SAD) is a non-profit organisation, conducting research and operational projects in developing countries on social change. One of SAD’s main areas of focus is on sport and development. To find out more about SAD, please click here.
The internship is for a period of six months and is based at the Swiss Academy for Development, in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland.
The internship period runs from May 2015 - October 2015.
Candidates are expected to be very familiar with www.sportanddev.org and to have an active interest in web-based communications and internet-based technologies.
This is a full-time, paid internship (1’000 CHF gross per month).
The intern will be required to work a 40 hour week from Monday to Friday at SAD's head office in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland. Core office hours are 9:00-17:00. Candidates seeking home-based working conditions need not apply.
You will be responsible for updating sportanddev’s News & Views section by producing and/or editing news articles and adding events to the online agenda. You will be responsible for assisting the Operating Team with animating and moderating the community areas of sportanddev and responding to queries and feedback from the community. You will be responsible for maintaining sportanddev’s social networking presence (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Flickr).
You will be expected to take part in team meetings and to assist with various other activities within the organisation.
- Native English speaker
- Excellent writing skills
- Educated to degree level
- Keen, demonstrable interest in web-based communications and internet-based technologies
- Academic background in either international development cooperation, political science, sociology, anthropology, sport management, sport science or any other related fields
- Related work experience
- Volunteering or work experience within a non-profit is an advantage
- Familiarity with the field of sport and development is an advantage
- Knowledge of other languages (French, Spanish and/or German) is an advantage
Candidates must have the right to live and work in Switzerland for the full duration of the internship period,prior to applying for this position.
Deadline for applications is 15 March 2015.
How to apply
Please submit your application to Mr. Paul Hunt, project officer ofwww.sportanddev.org. Email: email@example.com
Your application MUST include:
- Your CV
- A cover letter explaining how you can contribute to sportanddev, based on your knowledge, interests and skills
- A 200-250 word writing sample in English of which you are the sole author
All documents must be submitted in either Word or PDF formats. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information about this position, please contact Paul Hunt by email firstname.lastname@example.org.