International sport for development coordinator opening at BlazeSports.
Job position: Coordinator, international sport for development
Location: BlazeSports America headquarters, Norcross, Georgia
Division: International Sport for Development
Start date: August 2015
Hours: Full-time, exempt
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Reporting to the director of International Sport for Development, BlazeSports seeks a coordinator to support the planning and implementation of BlazeSports’ international programmes and initiatives, which focus on sport for development and peace strategies and the inclusion of persons with disabilities in sport in targeted countries. Responsibilities include developing and implementing project activities in target countries, arranging travel plans, maintaining regular communication with in-country coordinators and partners, sharing information with project partners and other stakeholders through social media, BlazeSports website, report writing, and seeking new grant opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in social or behavioral sciences, education, or youth development. Minimum of two years of professional and/or voluntary experience in coordinating or implementing development projects outside the USA
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- High proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Exceptional organisational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines
- A self-starter and problem solver
- Strong independence and ability to take initiative and execute projects
- Ability to travel outside the US
- Experience in playing and/or coaching sports (adaptive; and recreational or professional) is an asset
- Experience working with children and adults with a wide range of physical impairments and chronic health conditions is an asset
- Fluency in Spanish, French and/or Arabic would be highly valuable
- Grant writing experience, and knowledge in project design and implementation
All interested applicants to send cover letter, curriculum vitae and three professional references to Mara Galic, director of operations at email@example.com by Monday 20 July.
Follow Bayonle Arashi on twitter:@midassoccer