Internship Opportunity at Swiss Academy for Development.
The Swiss Academy for Development (SAD) is a centre of excellence for sport and development that uses sport and play to empower disadvantaged children and young people in Switzerland and internationally to become healthy, educated and employed citizens. Children and young people acquire basic skills through sport & play, which help them to deal with the challenges of daily life and to actively shape their lives. SAD implements all of its projects in partnership with local organisations. SAD focusses on solid monitoring and evaluation and uses evidence-based approaches to development.
Assisting with the project “Move & Improve”, a sport and play-based programme offering Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCE) services to disadvantaged children in northern India
- Analyse quantitative data produced by a Developmental Milestones Assessment, measuring child development in four domains: physical, cognitive, social and emotional capacities
- Support with developing workshop materials for field staff
- General tasks related to project management, monitoring & evaluation and fundraising
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social sciences or related fields
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good knowledge and experience in quantitative research methods (please reference analyses mastered and context), including statistical software (e.g. SPSS)
- Knowledge about education programming, early childhood development or sport & development is an advantage but not essential
- Relevant professional experience
- A pleasant working environment in a highly motivated, small team
- Adequate compensation
How to apply
Please submit your application until 4 June to Ms. Malika Kons, Project Manager, email@example.com.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in Switzerland for the full duration of the internship period (i.e. holding a Swiss residence permit or a passport from an EU member state).